I’m doing some form of data visualization learning for 180 days because I need to #JFDI. See post explaining how and why I’m doing this.
- DDL: Data definition language – > schema
- DML: Data manipulation language -> CRUD
- Set sql_safe_updates = 0; to safe mode off. sql_safe_updates = 1; to safe mode on
Reading and Learning Data Visualization Theoretically/Critically:
Chapter 2 Chart Smart Reading – Three Takeaways
- For showing tables, use thin line rules every three to five entries to help reader follow numbers. Wide tables need one every three lines. Shading can be used to help call out columns. This makes it less daunting than a table with just grid lines.
- Avoid using partial icons in a pictogram, eg a half of a person or a airplane is disturbing and illegible
- Don’t use different version of a symbol to represent same variables, combinations are distracting. Instead use one with a different shade to represent the variables