I’m doing some form of data visualization learning for 180 days because I need to #JFDI. See post explaining how and why I’m doing this.
Code Learning/Technical Learning:
- How to deal with date times
- Filtering for min and max
- How to set-up for exporting to PDF
Reading and Learning Data Visualization Theoretically/Critically:
Chapter 3 Ready Reference
- Log scales allow you to include values that span orders to magnitude on x-axis and adjust grid lines so incremental change at different values of the y-axis reflects its relative significance. p. 100-101
- Watch out for using non-comparable scales – readers expect a flat line for small increases and a steeper slope for bigger increases.
- Charing the absolute values or the percentage changes from the initial data point yields the same shape for the graphs. The chart plotting the percentage changes accentuates the changes from the baseline. p. 107