I’m doing some form of data visualization learning for 180 days because I need to #JFDI.
Data Viz Created:
Moving more into this phase as I’ve hit the halfway mark without making too many outside of work. I’ve hit a point as well that I am well past the phase of just doing tutorials and reading and need to be applying. Also, the datasets I work with at work are quite discrete and for a singular purpose. Meanwhile, I’m learning all this cool stuff and need to JFDI it to make and practice.
Today as part of the Knight D3 Class, which I am woefully behind on – I created .
1) Downloaded player stats from NYCFC’s website for this season. (I’m a fan)
2) Cleaned up the data by adding full names of the stats for understanding and other minor clean-up.
3) Did a scatterplot from mostly scratch, which is a big difference from the complex code at work to strengthen very weak fundamentals.
Got some problems with axis and look and feel I need to revisit in the AM. Probably just missing something minor since it’s getting late.
Treehouse Back-to-Basics (again, not taking notes for basic review):
Going through Front-End WebDev
- They’re for hierarchal relationships as opposed to flat relationships
- Made up of three aspects
-labels -> text objects
- Diagonal is a path generator that expects a source object (startpoint) and target object (endpoint)