I’m doing some form of data visualization learning for 180 days because I need to #JFDI.
Lecture Week Three: Acquiring Geographic Data
- Maps are path elements in SVG
- In order to find geographic data you look for .shp files (shape files) and then convert into GeoJSON format
- NaturalEarthData.com has lots of shape files
- Each Feature in JSON file has properties (metadata about country) and polygon values: long and lats (x and y values) that make up each point
- Use mapshaper.org to change shapefile into GeoJSON