I’m doing some form of data visualization learning for 180 days because I need to #JFDI.
*Back on the wagon after some well needed X-mas R&R. Will be off it for NY weekend probably. I can forgive myself for needed rest and complete mind wipe.
Treehouse Back to Basics – Front-End Dev
Udacity Data Visualization and D3.js – DimpleJS Lectures
- Don’t forget to use auto-fill in console, eg typing myChart.add to see other methods. This can be more expedient than looking through documentation.
- Faceting data versus not and changing type of chart:
- myChart.addSeries(null, dimple.plot.bar); // not faceting or grouping data, eg just showing all data
- myChart.addSeries(‘stage’, dimple.plot.bar); // groups data, eg showing stages versus all games in this example data of soccer games
- myChart.addSeries(null, dimple.plot.scatter) // makes a scatterchart instead of a bar chart
- myChart.addSeries(null, dimple.plot.line); // makes a line chart
- You can combine series by including two series, eg both lines above to have points on the time series
- Way to parse date in Dimplejs or other ways to easily manipulate properties
- x.dateParseFormat = “%Y”;
- x.timeInterval = 4;
- x.ticketFormat = “%Y”;