I’m doing some form of data visualization learning for 180 days because I need to #JFDI.
- Round out lats and longs for quicker processing
- Rpostgressql very helpful is letting you query Postgres in R – basically letting all the best tools do best work -> then use ggplot for map analysis + visuals
Questions you ask are usually more important than methods you use to answer them
p 230-244 Information Art
- It might be prudent for you to be juggling 5-6 projects at a time rather than focusing and banging your head on one, looking at the workflow of the nat geo profile in this chapter p 232
- “Good illustrated graphics, in addition to being often the best way to tell a story, show enormous amount of data. They just display it differently than a quantitative data visualization. Our illustrations are not just nice-looking drawings, but accurate depictions of reality, with thousands of very precise data points” p 238
- Good visualizations or information art can take weeks of research, planning, and data loading with a lot of ending up on the cutting room floor. *Don’t be discouraged you haven’t made a bunch of stuff yet* p 244