I made the following visualizations below to show:
- Score averages and number of test takers by District and Borough, with ability to search data tables for specific school information
- Look at distribution of scores on the three sections, with ability to filter by Borough, District, and School Name.
- Look at score correlations of the three sections with ability to drill down by Borough, District, and School Name as well as scroll test score.
- I used the NYC Open Dataset for 2012 (latest I saw available) SAT scores across public schools in the five boroughs.
- I got the averages cutoffs from the 2012 College Board.
- I made the polygon map using Shapefiles from NYC Open Data and used QGIS to transform into polygons needed for Tableau’s map.
The Tableau embed below doesn’t seem to work well on WordPress viewing in Chrome: link to the Public Site here.